Sunday, December 03, 2006

Victory Junction Half marathon!



We are in marathon training so we signed up for a 1/2 marathon this weekend! We did amazing! 2:15. I ran 8 minutes faster than my best time! It was Chad's first time running over 10 miles. It was a cold start but turned into a beautiful day. It was a race to raise money for a camp for underprivileged children sponsored by Nascar legend Richard Petty. Instead of shooting a gun, he waved the Nascar Flags. Kyle Petty was there also! Chad and I ran with Michael Waltrip but didn't realize who he was for a while. Every corner of the race, fans would scream and take pictures. We should have put two and two together! :) At the end (we beat Michael Waltrip by 10 minutes because he slowed down at the end), we ran through the camp! It was amazing and packed with people cheering! At the finish, Richard Petty gave us a high five and placed a metal over our heads. Chad and I got some Nascar racers autographs on our medals!

No comments: